The Swindon Council has been undergoing a review of the experimental traffic regulation order that was introduced in April 2014 as a result of which parking around the Masjid has been a major issue for worshipers.
Representations received from the community and meetings held with the local Ward Councillors, Swindon Borough Council proposes to make the following modification to the experimental order:
- To turn all the current residents parking and Limited waiting on the Broad Street and Station Road to Duel use (shared bays). Limited waiting 1 hour (Monday-Saturday 9am-8pm and no return within 1 hour) and Residents parking (Monday-Saturday 8am-10pm) for permit holders zone J
- Reintroduce limited waiting on the Elmina Road Junction with County road and Colbourne road, County Road end
If you wish to see the detail plan or wish to make comments, please visit http://www.swindon.gov.uk/rpzonej
Furthermore, your ward Councillors, locality lead and the traffic & TRO technician will be available at Broadgreen community center on Thursday 25th September from 4 PM to 5:30 PM.
We advice everyone specially those who live around this area to participate this meeting and express your opinion.
Floods across South Asia have killed hundreds of people and destroyed thousands of homes. Thousands of families need our help.
The monsoon season has struck hard across Pakistan, flooding hundreds of villages across Punjab and Kashmir. Despite 400 deaths already reported, worse is expected in the coming days.
Ummah Welfare Trust is mobilising resources to provide flood-affected families in Punjab and Kashmir with cooked food, hygiene supplies and temporary shelters.
Flash floods in recent weeks have left almost a quarter of a million people across Bangladesh displaced and dispossessed.
Ummah Welfare Trust is supporting flood-affected families south of Dhaka (along the Padma River) with provisions of dry rice, molasses, oral saline and basic medicines.
Qurbani is one of the great rituals of Islam, wherein the believers remember the oneness of Allah and the obedience of His khaleel, Sayyiduna Ibrahim ‘alayhis-salaam.
A confirmed Sunnah, and considered a wajib by many ‘ulama, great attention is placed upon the importance of Qurbani.
With Ummah Welfare Trust, donors can offer their Qurbani in one of 18 countries this year. InshaAllah, thousands of our brothers and sisters will be provided with fresh Udhiyyah this Eid. Given the needs of the Ummah, Ummah Welfare Trusts asks you to feed as many Muslims as you can this year and try to donate for several animals.
– Small: Sheep and goats count as one share each.
– Large: Cattle and camels. The Qurbani of 7 persons is allowed with a large animal.
– 1/7th Share: A seventh share of a large animal.
– Subject to quotas being filled, the deadline for this year’s Qurbani donations is 28th September.